Saturday is my parents' 31st Wedding Anniversary and I'm so proud of them!
 |
| My Mom & Dad on their anniversary a few years ago |
They have truly been an inspiration as to what Hubby and I strive to be as a married couple. Thirty-one years and they're still going strong. They're an amazing couple, as well as amazing parents. I'm so honored to be their daughter.
In honor of their big day on Saturday, I made a couple of cards to celebrate the big occasion. One is going to be from me and Hubby, the other from my sister and BIL.
 |
| Anniversary Card |
This card was "scraplifted" from a beautiful card by
Stamping Sanity I saw on
Pinterest. With a few minor modifications, I turned it into an anniversary card. The paper is all from Recollections, the punch is Martha Stewart's Doily Lace, there were various Cuttlebug folders used, the Cricut cuts came from
CTMH Art Philosophy, and the sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's Everyday Occasions. It came out much better than I pictured in my head, and it's a nice, elegant card for my parents.
 |
| Anniversary Card #2 |
The second card was inspired from a sketch from
Sketch Support (Card Sketch #11). The paper was from my stash and scraps, the twine was from the twine share I participated in from the Cricut MB's, the hearts & squares were cut from
CTMH Art Philosophy, and the sentiment was a stamp I had in my stash from my sister's wedding last year.
I love both of them so much, I don't know which one
I want to give to my parents. I guess I'll be the good big sister and let my sister pick out hers first :-)
Doing these cards were so much easier now that I have such a nice, organized room to work in :-D I ran the new "system" thru the ringer tonight and all seems to be working perfectly. I was really kinda nervous about cutting on my Cricuts while they were on those shelves, but they worked out perfectly. I'm ecstatic about it. Hopefully this will give me the motivation to get my Mothers' Day projects worked on over the weekend!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for a big announcement!! I've been cooking up something special just for all my friends, family, and followers that I'm sure everyone will like. Stay tuned for details....
What a gorgeous card! I love the clean et elegant look. Congrats on your new blog. I am a newbie too. Your projects posted thus far are beautiful and your blog design is great. Have a great day and happy crafting!
ReplyDeleteMichelle
www.scrapngrow.com
Thanks Michelle!! Just started following your blog too. Your work is very inspiring!
DeleteHey I absolutely love your card! It's beautiful! I love coming over here and visiting you!! :O)
ReplyDeletePinkE
Creations By PinkE
simplypinke.blogspot.com
Thanks PinkE!! I love having you :-)
DeleteOh, and Happy Anniversary too!! Hee Hee! :O)
ReplyDeleteI will pass along your wishes to my parents :-) Thanks!!
DeleteJessica, I love your anniversary card (#1). I saw it on Pinterest and used the design (with a few changes) to make a wedding card for my daughter. I wanted to find the original and give you credit and personal thanks, though I will not be posting my version. Thanks for your help in making my daughter a beautiful wedding card.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lorie! I'm so glad you were able to use it for inspiration for your daughter's card!
DeleteWhat lovely cards! I like using those "inchie" style pieces in cards. You've done it so beautifully! I have pinned you.
ReplyDeleteI love the clean lines of your creations......where do you find the best source for your embossing folders? I don't find a wide variety at my local craft stores and haven't been successful finding any "full service" website selling folders. Thanks
ReplyDeleteThank you! I actually usually get my embossing folders from "Big Box" stores like JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby. I also have quite a few of them from Stampin' Up! that I love. I haven't really ordered any from online stores other than the ones from Stampin' Up!
Delete