Tuesday, April 17, 2012

OH Carpal Tunnel... Though Art A Heartless B***H!

**WARNING - SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION:  If you haven't already, be sure to check out my "Friends, Family, & Followers" CTMH Sale going on until Friday (4/20) and take advantage of 20% everything in both the Fall/Winter 2011 & Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Books!! **


 I now return you to your normally scheduled blog post...


Nine years worth of numbness, pain, and sleepness nights.  Nine years worth of medicines, physical therapy, and wrist braces.  None of which have worked.  About a month ago, I finally "put on my big girl panties" and made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to see about getting a permanent solution.

One consultation with the doctor and one painful EMG later, I had hoped that I was on my way to that permanent solution (a.k.a. surgery).  WRONG!  Apparently, according to my doctor, in his opinion the damage isn't severe enough to constitute surgery and wants to treat with cortisone shots.  HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER does that hurt!  Not to mention my hand and arm have been numb, sore and stiff for 24 hours.  NOT what I had in mind! I'm not sure if I should get a second opinion or not, but being without a useful dominant hand really sucks!  You should have seen me trying to brush my hair this morning... let's just say I could have won $10,000 on one of those funniest video shows.  Lol.

Anywho, that's why I've had such a break over the past few days.  I attempted to type last night, but unless you speak what appeared to be Klingon, you wouldn't have understood it.  Ha ha ha.  The pain is much more manageable now, but this is going to royally suck if I have to go back in every six months for another shot :-(

I do have some blog candy to share with you today though....  some cards and one heck of a haul :-)  First up, the cards.

Engagement Card
Dear friends of ours got engaged last weekend (the Saturday before Easter) and I had the pleasure of being asked to photograph their engagement photos.  The bride is also a "Cricut Head" as Hubby likes to call us, so I thought I'd humor her and make them a card :-)  She recognized it instantly and asked what cart I used.  Ha ha ha!

Recipe:

  • Card Base: The Paper Studio - 5" x 6.5"
  • Cricut Cartridge: Sweethearts Cartridge - All cut at 1 1/2"
  • Paper: DCWV Linen Matstack for patterned, Recollections Asst. Card Stock for the solid
  • Stamp: "Congratulations" from MyPinkStamper's Happiest Moments Set
  • Embellishments: Ribbon from stash
1st Birthday Card
I was stumped on a card for my Godson's 1st Birthday next week, but then I remembered I had the most awesome cart ever.... Create-A-Critter :-) I'm not too happy with the way the lion layered (there's a gap between his head and the mane), but I doubt a 1 year old will notice :-)

Recipe:

  • Card Base: Recollections Kraft - Cut 6" x 12" to make 6"x6" card
  • Cricut Cartridge: Create-A-Critter (Lion cut at 3") and Celebrations (Hat cut at 1 1/2" and candle cut at 2")
  • Paper: DCWV Nana's Kids for the patterened, Recollections Asst. Card Stock for the solid and Recollections Kraft
  • Stamp: "Happy Birthday" from stash
  • Embellishments: Ribbon from stash
Girl & Boy Baby Shower Cards
Another "commissioned" set of cards for my Mom.  She's been hard at work making baby shower gifts for the past few weeks, one for the future grandson of a friend of hers and the other for the new daughter of one of my sister's friends.  I think she made each one of them a hand-knit sweater & hat set and one of those diaper cover thingies (I have NO idea what they're called... ha ha ha).  Only thought it to be fitting to make cards with little outfits on them :-)

Recipe:

  • Card Base: The Paper Studio - 5" x 6.5"
  • Cricut Cartridge: Baby Steps (Outfits cut at 3"), Elegant Edges (cut at 3 3/4"), and Lacy Labels (cut at 1 1/2")
  • Paper: Stash open stock paper and Recollections Asst. Card Stock for the solid
  • Cuttlebug Folder: Swiss Dots
  • Stamp: "For Your Baby" from MyPinkStamper's Happiest Moments Set
  • Embellishments: Ribbon from stash
 Sorry my notes aren't better on these.  I really do need to start writing it all down as I make them, especially so I remember what I did in the event I want to do another one.

Ready for some more blog candy????

Haul from eBay:

eBay
Scored some "shotgunned" carts off of eBay last week, and I'm soooooo excited!!!  I've been pining over Love You A Latte for a while now but never managed to find it without it being crazy expensive.  I managed to snag it for $27 w/shipping.  Indie Art was another one I had been thinking about for some time but couldn't decide.  My mind was made up for me when I was able to snag that one for $11 w/shipping :-) 


Hobby Lobby
I finally managed to hit Hobby Lobby during one of their 50% off all paper stacks sales :-)  I wasn't planning on getting any, but these two were just too pretty to pass up.  The one on the left is My Mind's Eye - Simply Delightful and the one on the right is KI Memories - Classic Prints.  Both of them have absolutely stunning papers and a lot of them are very "gender neutral" which is what I'm shooting for.  Almost everything I have is either baby/kids or very girly.  I'm trying to limit what I'm spending so I can get some nice goodies from CTMH, so what I do spend the money on... I want it to be totally worth it :-)

Hobby Lobby con't
I would like to introduce you to the latest addition to my crafting family... My new Cinch :-)  After a LOT of research online, and debating between the Bind-It-All and this baby, I decided to go with the Cinch mainly because of the ability to only punch the holes I want.  I'm planning on doing a gift for my sister for Christmas this year as well as maybe some calendars.  First project is going to be a greeting card organizer though... my "stash" is starting to take over :-) 

I was trying to actually do this all as a video, but apparently my DSLR doesn't want to cooperate doing video :-/  I think a digital camcorder is on my wish list.

Oh, and just another side note...

Be sure to head over and visit Melody Lane at Melody Lane Designs and enter her contest to win a cute little blue Cricut figure!!!  I just LOVE her shopping hauls and it makes me so jealous to see all the awesome deals she gets!!  If you stop over, tell her that Rosie sent ya ;-)

Isn't he SOOOO cute?!?!?
 Well, that's all for now.  My poor hand can't take much more typing tonight.  Off to ice it up and curl up in bed with season 5 of Dexter.  G'Nite  :-D

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I got the Indie art cart too and I love it. I love the lips on it, you can make more manly cards with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow lady, how did I miss all this. Before I say anything, I love the "big girl panties"!! Sorry to hear about you being in pain. Even though I've talked to you on the MB I didn't get around to visiting here! What a haul you got from Ebay! Lucky girl! I love Melody's blog she Rocks too!!

    I also love your cards. Are you entering them in a challenge or something? They are all so darling!! Ok, lady, I'm heading to bed too! Talk with you soon!

    PinkE
    simplypinke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete