Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just Call Me "Barbara Villa"

I apologize for the hiatus for a few days.  I've actually have a tutorial I've been wanting to write up and a couple more cards to share, but something has taken over my life for the past few days.... SPRING CLEANING.  Ha ha.

First up was my office/craft room.  Hubby and I did a "re-do" a few months back and downsized some old furniture and re-arranged to make room for my new hobby, but this new hobby quickly took over the room.  I desperately needed to find a solution to all the clutter besides plastic storage boxes.  As nice as it was that they all stacked up so well, it was a pain to try and find what I needed resulting in taking 3 hours to make a card.

Enter an awesome sale at Michaels.  Not only were all of their scrapbooking storage cubes 40% off, but I also had a 20% off your entire purchase :-)  I would have normally NEVER bought these because at $35 a pop... it's a little out of my price range.  However, knock them down to $16 a piece, I could handle that.

Two trips to Michaels, Eight cubes assembled, and two nights later..... I present to you.... my NEW CRAFT ROOM!!!!



My scrapping/crafting table next to my bookshelf full of knitting pattern books, card making books, albums-in-progress, as well as a new home for "Bella."  Hubby's bookshelf is in the background full of his figurines, books, and magazines.

 

My desk next to my new JetMax/Recollections Storage Center.  There are 8 cubes total, as well as a set of the desktop/shelves.  They were so easy to put together, but took FOREVER.  Not to mention I'm now begging Hubby for some padded gripped screwdrivers :-)  I've got a million blisters forming as I type this.  

All of my goodies now have a home, and I've got a completely functional space!!  These cubes are AMAZING!  I can't believe how much stuff they hold!!  Now all I have to do is label each one.  From my Cricut carts & handbooks, to my paper pads, to my adhesives and embellishments, they're all here in one place.  No more digging to the bottom of a plastic tub just to find the little sheet of rhinestones I know I have somewhere. 

On that note, I'm exhausted and desperately need to get to bed.  I PROMISE to have some more cards for you tomorrow, and hopefully a tutorial too!  G'nite :-D

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica!! I love your new room makeover! I'm a new follower to your blog too!! I'll be back lots! I see you are a CTMH consultant. Don't you love it?? I'm a hobby demo for Stampin Up! Anyhoo- Thanks for visiting me at my humble little blog too!

    PinkE
    Creations By PinkE
    simplypinke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also following you on Pintrest, friend!

    Hugs & Blessings :O)
    PinkE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, I love your crafting area! Great blog too. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!!! And thanks for following too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new white shelving. I am a new follower! Welcome to the world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are wonderful and you will love them! I did the same thing 2 years ago I just wish I had more of them but they won't fit in my room. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I wish I could have gotten more, but 1) I wiped out the stock at my local M's and 2) I'm already crowding Hubby out of the room as it is. I don't think he'd like it too much if I took over his "area" and moved him out to the garage. Lol

      Delete
  7. :)Looks great
    Thanks for including me in the tape share...

    ReplyDelete