Even though the weather here has been crazy (I swear, Mother Nature needs Prozac or something), I'm trying to welcome spring the "Rosie Way." I know I said I didn't think I would be able to hop on here or work on anything over the next two days, but I ended up staying home with a terrible sinus headache and slept for most of the day. Around 1 pm I finally dragged my butt out of bed and decided I couldn't sleep anymore unless I wanted to risk not being able to sleep tonight. Trying to keep myself occupied, I ventured into my "cave" and finished up a project that I've been working on for over a month.
 |
| Spring Wreath |
Recipe:
- 10" Foam Wreath Base (got mine from JoAnn's)
- Roll of 2" wide ribbon
- Cricut Cartridge: Mother's Day Bouquet - cut over 150 assorted color flowers at 1 1/2"
- Corsage Pins (as many as there are flowers)
- White ribbon from stash, attached with hot glue
- Mod Podge Glossy Sealer Spray
I did the "fill page" option on my Cricut with 5 different colors of paper and I used every last one of them :-) I wrapped the foam wreath base with the 2" wide ribbon just incase any was to show thru all the flowers. I took each flower and curled up the petals and then attached them to the wreath with pins. Once they were all attached, I took it outside and sprayed the crap out of it with the Mod Podge spray. I think there's about three coats on there. Since it's on my front porch, I didn't want it to get ruined by fading or if it got a little wet.
It wasn't a hard project, just time consuming. I was being a little OCD about the placement of the flowers and didn't want two next to each other that were the same color. Lol. I didn't have enough of the base ribbon (it is green satin) to make the bow, so I used some 1" wide sheer ribbon I had in my stash. A little hot glue and we were good to go. For a hanger, I used thick gauge floral wire tripled over itself, and then wrapped in floral tape. I just hot glued it to the back with A LOT of glue, and it's holding perfectly.
Already had a compliment from my neighbor, so all is good :-)
Holy cow, that's beautiful! I love it! This is a case of OCD in it's finest my friend! You did an awesome job!
ReplyDeletePink E
Thanks Hun! Sometimes it pays to be a little OCD when it comes to crafting :-)
DeleteBeautiful wreath Jessica, hmmmmm.....makes me wanna do something like this too! TFS
ReplyDeleteThanks Gina!! It's actually pretty easy and somewhat brainless. Great late night project or one to do while sitting in front of the TV :-)
Delete