Sunday, May 13, 2012

Video Tutorial: Mother's Day Bouquet

I'm so grateful for all the wonderful comments on my Mother's Day Bouquet that I shared last week.  Due to the overwhelming response, I made a video LATE last night showing the steps to making the flowers :-)  It was about 1 am when I started filming, so I apologize for all my little hiccups.  I was exhausted.  Lol.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions!

Cut Files - You will need the Flower Shoppe Cartridge

Part 1:






Part 2:




Supplies list:

  • 12" x 12" Paper of your choice - 1 sheet per flower
  • 3 sheets of green cardstock for leaves
  • Distressing Inks (optional)
  • 12" - 1/8" dowel rods, skewers, or item of choice for stem
  • Hot Glue
  • Floral Tape
  • 22 gauge Floral Wire
  • Mod Podge Clear Glossy Sealer Spray
  • Vase
  • Craft Water
Hope everyone has had a wonderful Mother's Day, and I'll be posting the winner of my very first Blog Giveaway shortly! :-)

16 comments:

  1. Love your flowers, and thank you for the tutorial. What size did you cut the leaves and the part under the flower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria!!

      I did the leaves and petals in CCR, so they weren't an exact size. The leaves were about 2" for the large leaves, 1.5" for the smaller ones, and 4" for the leaves that go right underneath the flower.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bouquet and great video..thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your videos were perfect!! Thanks again for the tip on Mod Podge--- and the tip on Craft Water! Your instructions were just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet compliment! The Mod Podge stuff is amazing, and the Craft Water was super easy! Can't wait to see your creation!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the video tutorial Jessica! I have got to give this a try!! TFS. Have a great day!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina!! Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete
  5. Great tutorial! Very easy to follow. I think I can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I'm sure you can.. they're actually easier than they look. Can't wait to see your creation!

      Delete
  6. WOW Jessica - the bouquet is wonderful and what a fantastic video tutorial. So talented. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nicely done. I always waned to see a tutorial on this from start to finish. thanks
    www.stkittsscrapper.blogspot.com
    GAIL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to your blog and haven't checked it out fully but I did watch your vid on making the paper flowers. Absolutely amazing...they are gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much for explaining all the steps and where to get all the supplies needed. You are so good explaining everything. Loved your video...thx again :) Oh and I am a follower now.

    KarenT Cmb)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was an awesome tutorial. I loved how you went step by step without leaving out the major details. I will definitely be making some of the flowers in the next few days.

    TFS,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super video, I'm sure it will help me improve my flower making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial......your roses are beautiful. Thankyou for the tip on the mog podge:)

    ReplyDelete