Thursday, May 10, 2012

What Day Is Today?

This week has been going by WWAAAYY too fast!  Normally I don't mind the weekend coming so quickly.  This week, however, I need just one more day before the weekend.  With Mother's Day coming, as well as my niece's birthday party this Saturday... I've been so busy I've lost track of the days.  Throw in that I've been swamped at work all week and can't seem to catch up :-(

Anywho, last night I crafted my fingers to the bone and whipped out a bunch of cards, as well as finished up a couple of the gifts that I had been working on.  Up until way after midnight, I finally finished up the stuff that had to be done by today (my mom came and picked it all up to take to Pennsylvania this weekend where all my extended family is).  Still have a couple of things to finish, but I've got until Sunday to get them done :-)

"Craft Mania" @ Chez Rosie
I did a total of 6 cards, 2 sets (6 each) of coasters, and a flower bouquet all in one night!  I'm tired :-)  I'm only showing a couple of the cards (saving the rest for the Blog Hop) so here we go....

Masculine Birthday card for Uncle #1
Recipe:
  • Card Base: 5" x 6.5" pre-made card base from The Paper Studio
  • Decorative Paper: DCWV The Guy Stack
  • Solid Cardstock: Core'dinations Teal & White
  • Stamps: Main image on front is from the CTMH Card Chatter - Birthday (D1475)
  • Inks: CTMH Grey Wool (Z2125)
  • Cricut Cuts: CTMH Art Philosophy (Z1686)
  • Embellishments: Brads & Ribbon from Stash
Masculine Birthday Card for Uncle #2
 Recipe:
  • Card Base: Ivory 5" x 6.5" pre-made card base from Recollections
  • Decorative Paper: DCWV The Guy Stack
  • Solid Cardstock: Core'dinations Kraft
  • Stamps: Main image on front is from the CTMH Just A Number (D1514)
  • Inks: CTMH Chocolate (Z2111)
  • Cricut Cuts: CTMH Art Philosophy (Z1686)
  • Embellishments: Brads & Ribbon from Stash
 
Birthday Card for my Aunt
This card was "scraplifted" from iStamp By Nancy Riley.  Her card was just so adorable, and I was having a bit of "crafters block."  I think by this time though, I was burning out.

Recipe:
  • Card Base: Kraft 5" x 7" pre-made card from The Paper Stuido
  • Decorative Paper: Yellow patterned from KI Memories: Classic Prints, Brown patterend from DCWV The Basics Stack
  • Solid Cardstock: Core'dinations Green, Brown, & Yellow
  • Stamps: Main image on front is from the CTMH Card Chatter - Birthday (D1475)
  • Inks: CTMH Chocolate (Z2111)
  • Cricut Cuts: CTMH Art Philosophy (Z1686)- Scalloped Circle & Leaves
  • Embellishments: Brads from Stash
Now onto the crafts.  I decided that since the coasters I made for my MIL's Mother's Day gift came out so well, I would try them again as gifts for my two aunts.  I ended up making both of their sets the same as I was "stash diving" thru all my patterned papers and couldn't find more than these that matched :-/

Coaster Sets (2) for my Aunts
I used the same "recipe" as before, just this time all the papers were My Mind's Eye (can't remember the line).  I think they came out really nice, and the already distressed-looking papers hid any flaws in my Mod-Podging.  Couple of coats of sealer, added the felt feet, and they were ready for wrapping.  Both of my aunts have similarly decorated living rooms, so I think they'll match both.  Hope they like them :-)

Flower Bouquet for my Grandma
Last but not least is the flower bouquet for my grandma.  Originally, all the ladies in the family were going to get one, and they were going to have 6 flowers each.  Um... yea.  What the heck was I thinking... that time would stand still so I could get them done?  I had 6 flowers already made, sans leaves, so I decided to only do them for the two grandmas.  I used the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge for the rolled roses (cut at fit to page), the base leaves as well as the stem leaves were also done with the Flower Shoppe cartridge, dry embossed, and then distressed.  I used floral wire, floral tape, and hot glue to assemble.  It's kinda hard to describe, but maybe I'll do a video on Saturday demonstrating how I did them :-)





I took each flower and gave them a healthy coat of the DIY pearl mist (CTMH Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint (Z1039) and water mixed in a CTMH Spray Pen (Z1380)) and then two coats of Mod Podge Acrylic Glossy Sealer.



While they were drying, I did a little glass etching on the vase using my Cricut and some vinyl.  I cut "Grandmother" using the Paper Lace font, and the butterflies were from the Indie Art cart.  Added a white ribbon and some "Fake Water" stuff and... Voila!


It was a VERY busy nite in my craft room last night, but I managed to get it all done!  PLUS.... I managed to even get my room put back together after the tornado came thru during my "Craft Mania."  Nice and clean for me to get ready to work tonight!

Be sure to check back tomorrow and checkout the 2012 Mother's Day Blog Hop, hostessed by Ms Pink E.  There are a bunch of talented crafters in the lineup, plenty of giveaways, and even one of my own!!  If you haven't yet, be sure to stop over on my Mother's Day Blog Hop page and leave a comment to be entered into my giveaway!  Just leave a comment on that post... AND, you'll get an extra entry into the drawing if you are/become a follower!!  So excited!!!



6 comments:

  1. These roses are beautiful. Sure hope you do a video as I am drooling. I need to go to M's and pick up my special order Clower Shoppe cart. Maybe then I will understand some of what you did to mmake these so beautiful.

    Also, what is the fake water???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby! I'm going to try and get a video on it this weekend :-)

      The "Fake Water" is called "Craft Water" and I got it at Hobby Lobby with a coupon :-) Works like a charm and it's reusable!

      Delete
  2. I hope you do thee video I would truely love to make the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on everything. What is the fake water you used in the vase?

    ReplyDelete